Friday, May 9, 2008

Things I Wish I Would Have Taken Photos Of

Sometimes I really regret leaving my camera at home.....

  1. The little black, lop-eared rabbit hopping loose on a cobblestone street near the Bastille. You don't see free roaming rabbits everyday. Unless you lived at my house a couple of years ago.
  2. The profiterol I shared with friends at the Café on Boulevard Saint-Germain. A small scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of a fluffy, flaky, donut-like pastry all covered in hot fudge sauce. Delicious.
  3. All of the American diner style restaurants I’ve seen. There is “Breakfast in America”, “Route 66 Café” and “American Dream”. Not to mention the MacDonald’s knock off “Quick”.
  4. Marie Antoinette’s writing desk, covered in mother of pearl.
  5. The crazy movie theater I went to tonight. It wasn’t air conditioned, the screen was smaller than normal theaters, there was no snack bar, the chairs were fake velvet and this disgusting shade of mustard yellow, but the movie was great.
  6. All of the different types of toilettes I've seen since I've been here. This entire continent can agree on one currency, but somehow a continuity of the form of toilettes still seems to evade them.

No comments: